Writing On The Webb
As quickly as Writing On The Webb appeared with promises of being updated weekly I fell off the wagon. The past 30 days or so have been draining for me. Lots of reasons, some of which I’ll go into at some point I’m sure, some of which are just better saved to the grey cells at the back of my brain.
Fortunately a great time out with new & old friends on Tuesday (Portland Greendrinks + SLUSH Fundraiser for Prepare Maine = AWESOME TIME!) and some much needed reflection yesterday have me back and firing on at least a few more cylinders.
But since time stops for no one, I still kept plugging along and working. Here’s what has been going on the past couple weeks:
What I’ve Written:
- Here on Ophelia’s Webb I wrote last week about lifestyle design, vegan Ethiopian-Creole noodles and other current “renegade/rockstar/blah blah blah” topics in Honey and Vinegar and this week about a desperate need I had to stop running and pushing and striving for just a moment to appreciate where I am in Standing Still
- I also had a guest post last week from Sam Davidson, a friend from Nashville whom I admire a ridiculously heck-of-a-lot. And no one commented, which kind of surprises me and makes me a little sad. So please stop by and drop a note, Sam is a great guy who deserves better than a silent guest post about One Thing Elisa Doesn’t Need
- Sick of hearing about how being single during the holidays means more “me time” and opportunities to share love with friends and family and blah blah blah I found five very relevant reasons to be happy over on The Single Slice in Tinsel’s Silver Lining
- This week in Portland Press Herald’s Bar Guide I found Cheers! Not the Boston bar, but a bar here in Maine where the folks around the bar really DO know your name at Union House Pub & Pizza
What I’ve Found:
- Seriously, it’s like sometimes Chelsea Talks Smack has crawled into my brain and nestled there to write my thoughts on her blog. Yet another came out this week with her beautifully open and empowering post You Only Felt Sorry For Yourself For 5 Minutes Today? Victory!
- Corbett Barr not only re-branded his Free Pursuits site with a spiffy new name and layout, but he also found time to write about one of the things I’ve been struggling with a lot lately in The Paradox: Changing The World Vs. Enjoying The Moment
- Obviously I’ve been looking at the location independent and lifestyle design niches a lot lately. And this post by Jonathan Mead on his site Illuminated Mind on Why Lifestyle Design, Traveling The World and Location Independence Won’t Set You Free was just what I needed to hear to snap me out of the near hypnosis I was developing
- Which is why Joel Runyon’s post I’ll Never Make A Dime From This Blog made it’s way into my bookmarks, because it is what I decided this week.
That I don’t want to turn all my dear readers into nothing more than potential money makers and stand on my own soapbox while loathing everyone else doing the same. Thanks to those who stayed with me while I worked that out in my head. I’ll be better in 2011 (or at least try really hard!)
Speaking of 2011 I *do* have a “money for Elisa” favor to consider, but it’s a cool one I promise! On December 31st I’ll be jumping into the frigidly cold winter Atlantic Ocean (video and photos will follow, no worries!) to raise awareness for Global Warming. I’ll be like those annoying OmniHeat commercials on Hulu!
I really appreciate it!
Photo Credit: Getty Images – Lori Rotko
Did you know I have a private newsletter that goes out ONLY to subscribers? It offers stories of travel adventures, writing brilliance, links to great content around the internet and other crazy shaningans.