Writing On The Webb
|Buy a cheap magazine subscription and save today.|
The past few weeks, I’ve been feeling kinda like this: Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
What I’ve Done:
Here on Ophelia’s Webb:
- Is There Life After ’30 Before 30′? – What Happens When Life Doesn’t Turn Out Like You Planned
For the Portland Press Herald/Maine Today Bar Guide:
- Great Wines & A Deck On Reserve – Azure Cafe, Freeport Maine
Over at Shattering Glass on Forbes.com:
- How America Was Tricked Into Caring About Bin Laden’s Death Announcement – Looking At How The 90 Minute Hype That Built Before President Obama Gave His Presidential Address Helped Garner The Highest Ratings In A Decade
What I Found:
- Super excited to see Forefront Fashion win the Portland Phoenix Newspaper Best of 2011 award for Portland’s Best Blog – awesome site for fashion in Maine (Note – Thanks for all the votes and support. I was a finalist in this category too, but begged not to be voted for as my blog does not really “say” Portland, Maine like the others did!)
- Alex Stevens has started a GREAT comic series on the ups and downs of being a grown up. You can view the debut strip here and follow him on Twitter (@DigitalAdhesive) for more installments
- This high school senior faked her pregnancy to study the realities of teen pregnancy. I’m not sure how I feel about it.
- Gretchen Rubin interviewed Mindy Kaling (it’s like two of my favorite women fell into the same room with me!) over on Forbes in a great piece that reminds us: It’s Helpful To Remember the Younger Version of Me Because It Reminds Me to Be Grateful When I Want To Be Snotty
- Ryan Stephens writes about how easy it is to be remembered in service if you just make an effort to care about people in Standing Out Is Simple
- Paralysis by Analysis was one of my favorite Corporate mantras. Sometimes, you just have to Make a Decision to Decide, as Derek Shanahan talks about on his site
- Are you a blogger? Want a quick list of some of the secrets. I actually liked this one, from Corbett Barr’s Think Traffic website: 21 Quick Actions You Can Do Today to Set Up Your Blog for Massive Success (warning: I would not attempt all 21 in one day)
Other Random Sharing Tidbits:
- Sean Ogle released his website/eBook/course Location Rebel. If you are seeking advice on how to live the location independent lifestyle, Sean is a great guy to learn from!
- Do you bury your earbuds deep in the canals while you are running like me? Check out this site to see if you have any hearing loss (I’m at 17…what about you?)
Wanna know what else I’m reading? Check out my bookmarks on de.li.cious
Photo Credit – Alex Stevens
Did you know I have a private newsletter that goes out ONLY to subscribers? It offers stories of travel adventures, writing brilliance, links to great content around the internet and other crazy shaningans.