Writing On The Webb
Sometimes, for reasons that are fun and not analytic or SEO oriented, I like to look through the Referring Keywords on my dashboard.
For those who aren’t uber-blogging geeks like myself, a referring keyword is simply the word (or sentence) that visitors type into a search engine that brings up my site as a result and causes them to click-thru.
Why would that be fun you ask?
Well, aside from people looking to find out if I have a boyfriend or if Jamie Varon drinks coffee or if Carlos Miceli has a six-pack (all previous searches) I also get some hilarious phrases that make me truly wonder what people are doing online. Here are some from the past couple months:
- …Bad Mood…Shit Happens…
- book about girl with fiddle magic named after bird
- can i live with my pregnant mistress?
- mind wandering in dangerous territory
- my name is eliza. i’m a walmart girl
- once upon a time a girl so inlove. then a slut came. end of the story
- things that the irish have conrol over
- ryan reynolds myers briggs
See the hilariousness?
What I’ve Done:
- Sometimes The Clothes In Fact Make The Man (Or Woman) – Ophelia’s Webb
- Help And “Free Advice” – Ophelia’s Webb
- Limerence and Licorice – Ophelia’s Webb
- Biddeford’s Cancun – Go Big, Then Go Home…Happy – Bar Guide Review on Portland Press Herald and MaineToday.com
What I’ve Found:
- Part-Time-Job/Full-Time-Snob on Hello Giggles!
- Crack A Padlock With Nothing But A Paperclip on LifeHacker
- Thunderstorm Workouts on Blog of Impossible Things*
- Have Your Coffee and Drink It Too on Life Is Like A Box of Chocolates
- It’s Time To Talk About Feelings on The Date Report
- The Upside To Disappointment on Blog of Impossible Things*
- 27 Reasons You Might Fail and 2 Reasons You Will on Cordelia Calls It Quits
- 30 Pound Weight Gain Explained on Being Bess Marvin
- Are You Really Going To Let That Stop You? on Blog of Impossible Things*
- I’m Breezy! on Apocalypstick
Other Random Sharing Tidbits
- The girls at Shatterboxx are putting out some pretty awesome iProduct wallpaper designs in an app for an insanely cheap price. Check out Paper’d and sign up to be notified when their $1.99 product comes out
- Live On A Tropical Island In The Philippines For Free. The title says it all. Dan and the rest of the Tropical MBA crew are taking applications for their next TMBA semester. Deadline is August 20th, 2011 at 9 PM EST so make sure to head over and apply ASAP!
- Think Traffic is easily one of my favorite blogging/online entrepreneurial resource websites out there. This week they doled out an AWESOME session for FREE on 5 Ways To Earn $1,000 a Month From Your Blog with Chris Garrett (of ProBlogger book fame) and Corbett Barr. (You will need to sign up for the Think Traffic email newsletter which is well worth it)
Did you know I have a private newsletter that goes out ONLY to subscribers? It offers stories of travel adventures, writing brilliance, links to great content around the internet and other crazy shaningans.